Electrical Construction and Maintenance
The Electrical Construction and Maintenance certificate program provides students with the opportunity to acquire the theory and skills needed to gain employment as residential, commercial, and industrial construction electricians. Skills are developed through basic electrical theory and practical work project assignments.
This program will give students a broad theoretical and practical background in all aspects of electrical construction.
Graduates of the construction electrician program are prepared to find employment as residential, commercial, and industrial construction electricians. Because of the continual growth in building construction, there are many employment possibilities.
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate appropriate technical skills in the electrical construction field.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, develop, and troubleshoot residential, commercial, and industrial circuitry.
- Complete parts list and order forms that demonstrate knowledge of coding and numbering systems for devices, hardware, and electrical equipment.
- Interpret, develop, and utilize blueprints, schematic diagrams, and wiring plans to perform electrical construction activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply OSHA-accepted safety standards as appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of National Electrical Codes that apply to specific occupancies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting and repair of circuits, distribution systems, and electrical equipment.
|Job & Salary Outlook